Friday, April 11, 2008

Here are my prints all laid out to dry for the Barenforum's Chinese New Year exchange.  This is the year of the Rat.  I had a hard time warming up to the concept of rats but then I discovered all the people online who have pet rats and are apparently very fond of them.  VERY fond!   Do a Google search and you'll see what I mean.  So my rats are very well fed like pet rats and only a little bit mischievous.  I guess they're celebrating their year by nibbling on the calendar!  

1 comment:

ainesse said...

Hello there Lynn

thanks for your contribution to my blog concerning the elusive aquatint. Well blow me coz I have been to your blog before - I think it was from a comment you put on the Baren forum. I have never posted on there yet. I always think of it as a bunch of highly skilled wood blockers who would guffaw at any of my efforts. And I have never done a reduction relief print either.

I have to say - I would have found that theme "RAT" a difficult one to engage with too. I can't actually see your print so maybe you will post a single shot of the actual image of the print?
I will try out the method you described. The only thing I am wondering is what is the actual kitchen gadget that you used ?

Was it a soda siphon for putting bubbles into water or fruity drinks? Or maybe just a spray atomiser for e.g., watering plants?

Do you have a picture of it?

You can email me from my blog or just leave a comment on there with a message as to where I could see the photo. Maybe you could put it on this blog and then delete it afterwards if you wished.

I just discovered that acetone (for nail polish removal) removes plastic parcel tape from my copper plate.

Lovely to have had your visit and yes you should try to document what you are up to with regard to your printmaking. I think that it's useful for ones own development as well as for sharing with others in the field.

best wishes

Aine